I assume the answer to the question depends on one's work habits. What
worries me in terms of my own are three things, and I'd like feedback
on them if possible.

First, I do most of my work from the keyboard rather than mouse, and
so fear a GUI that presumes I'm a mouseaholic. For example, I usually
delete icons from the desktop and hide the survivers under emacs, and
never use them. Does my keyboard dependency become a problem under RH
8.0?

Second, while far from a Linux expert, I am used to configuring
things, usually by editing rc files or sometimes by configuration
utilities. Does RH 8.0 in any way constrict one ability to custom
configure applications by hand?

Third, as for installation, I hope there remains an expert procedure
that allows you to partition at will and install whatever applications
you want. I need assurance that this is so because of the emphasis on
automated installation is a little intimidating.

I'm not a happy camper with RH 7.3 (7.2 was much better as far as I'm
concerned), and look to RH 8.0 to resolve some of the problems (so
many things just don't work right that I don't have the time to fix
them all). A null version of anything is risky, but I've not heard
horror stories about RH 8.0. I hope this side of things will be a part
of the discussion.

Haines Brown