On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Eckhardt, Rodolpho H. O. wrote:

> If I'm not mistaken, you cannot do that because telnet transfers only ASCII
>caracters or
> something like that (terminal related caracters)... There isn't a way to tell it to
> transfer something in binary (like ftp's "binary").

Isn't there some way to solve this with uudecode and uuencode? I don't
know how, but those programs make it possible to transfer binary files
over ASCII-only mediums.

>From the man-page uudecode:
Uuencode and uudecode are used to transmit binary files over transmission
mediums that do not support other than simple ASCII data.

If someone knows *how* to do it, plz let the list know...

HTH

--
Jos Lemmerling on Debian GNU/Linux                      jos(@)lemmerling(.nl)