On 06-29, James Hatridge wrote:

> Hi all....
> On Saturday 28 June 2003 21:14, Hal MacArgle wrote:
> > Greetings: Several days; RTFM, FAQ's, HOW-TO's - no joy...
> >
> > This box w/Slack8.0/2.4.18; running AOK with an Atapi ZIP250
> > internal, as /dev/sda4, as long as I insmod ide-scsi.o.. ( That file
> > also installs sd_mod.o )..
>
> You're doing this wrong. I have the Atapi Zip100 internal. It does not need
> the ide-scsi.co. Just set it up like this:
>
> /dev/hdc4       /zip            auto    noauto,user 0 0
>
> You only need the scsi stuff when using the external type Zip (which I also
> have).
>
> Hope this helps,
>

> JIM

        Greetings and - Gad Zooks.. Where did you discover the above?
Everything I've read about ZIP drives say they _must_ use scsi
emulation.. Adding the above to /etc/fstab and then mounting
/dev/hdc4 on /zip worked with Slack9.0/2.4.20 but _not_ with
Slack8.0/2.4.18, which required ide-scsi.o.. All disks formatted with
ext2..

        I don't think I'll ever learn a thing about computers. Thanks
for the solution. Now I hope it'll work with NFS..Appreciate!!

Cheers,

    Hal - in Terra Alta, WV - Slackware GNU/Linux 8.0   (2.4.18)
                Proprietary  Formats  Unacceptable
.