On Monday 19 January 2004 12:16, joy wrote:
> Yes, I got the catch. thanks for enlightening me about the matter.
> But I have a doubt....
> As pa3gcu said couldn't you use the bios' boot option to boot thru the
> other drive and since it's lilo.conf is pointing to hdc, could'nt you
> then pass the root= parameter?

When using the BIOS option to boot other disks one needs to install lilo on
that disk's MBR first, so that means trying to pass root= is not needed
because the BIOS swaps disks around for you. Rather like the lilo option when
tricking windows into thinking its installed on /dev/hdaX when in fact its
on /dev/hdbX as per section, "Booting a foreign operating system" of the lilo
README.
So all that means we now need to have lilo installed on all bootable disks
MBR's. To do that simply edit lilo.conf and set;
boot= to /dev/hd(whichever disk) in this case /dev/hdc .

--
If the Linux community is a bunch of theives because they
try to imitate windows programs, then the Windows community

Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://people.zeelandnet.nl/pa3gcu/