On Friday 06 February 2004 08:15, you wrote:
> Thanks Richard!
>
> see my reply to the list for most of your questions.

I have cc'ed this back to the list.

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> > In other words stop using ALSA and use OSS
>
> How is that done? When I disabled alsactl in /etc/rd.c I had now more
> sound.

Using the default installed 2.4.22 kernel from slack-9.1.
Remove ALL ALSA modules (if they are loaded)
Then all that should be nessasary is;
modprobe via82cxxx_audio
The dependancies should not be a problem as in
/lib/modules/2.4.22/modules.dep the following is defined.

/lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/sound/via82cxxx_audio.o.gz:
/lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/sound/ac97_codec.o.gz \
        /lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/sound/soundcore.o.gz

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> > HuuH,! No such file or directory
>
> @/ peter]$ ls /etc/modules.conf
> /etc/modules.conf
>
> OK I mad missed the 's' or if there es no such file in Slackware I must
> have copied it there from RH in the hope to get the sound going.

Slackware differs none its is "modules.conf"

--
If the Linux community is a bunch of theives because they
try to imitate windows programs, then the Windows community

Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://people.zeelandnet.nl/pa3gcu/