[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> He possably after copying those modules to the destination dir, did not do;
> depmod -a If he did i am sure he would have gotten a lot of error messages
> about,  "Unresolved symbols".

Correct I did not make depmod -a. I did now and got a few error messages in
.../net. After that modprobe worked.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
>  i would  not even recomend using modules from another kernel version, let
> alone  another distro.

Then I copied all the .../modules/drivers from the SW Install Disk into SW
made again depmod -a and got no error messages.

I removed /sbin/insmod via82cxxx_audio, etc. in rc.local and enabled in
rc.modules  /sbin/modprobe/via82cxxx_audio.

How I had lost the folder .../kernel/sound in SW beats me.

What did Lawson sometimes write: beware, rogue system administrator on the
loose.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
>  if Peter wants he can have a copy of my presant .config  file from which he
> can then see just

Thanks, it's very kind. I seem to be OK for the moment.

Regards
--
Peter

--6397E30459.1076664313/heisspf--