Hi Ray

I think what you are hearing is frustration with spam in general.

I work in an industry that requires receiving and sending a lot of e-mail to a
large volume of new potential and current technical who are all real one time
users. [No mass emailing used by us.]

The results is that if I use the corporate e-mail account to do corporate
business I receive 200 to 500 e mails per day 99.9% of which have nothing to
do with me and 80+% are pure 100% spam. Consequently I use a private e-mail
account to do business.

I am able to filter out most spam with my current filters used in kmail but I
have found two slight drawback. I can send spam to trash but I can not send
it to delete. The second is one needs wild characters in the spam filters and
skip filters. For a skip filter I have in mind filtering out viraga but the
spammers use v!raga or v!iriga et.

By the way thanks for your explanations. They help.

Frank