Hello All,

I am not able to make my X server work on rivafb (framebuffer module) which is loaded
as a module on system.

I edited "XF86Config-4" file
Driver "nvidia" .
Is it the right keyword to invoke the rivafb driver. I got this on same maillists.
Where in the system can I find the database for these keyword stuff.

Later, when I say
# startx , it fails.
It says:-
(EE) Failed to load module "nvidia" (module does not exist, 0)
(EE) No devices detected.

What is going wrong here? Is there any other way through which I can tell the X server
to use Framebuffer.

Please help.

My system configuration
Os                linux 7.3(kernel - 2.4.18)
Boot loader       lilo
Default runlevel  3
Framebuffer       rivafb
X server version  4.2.0