Hello ford,

> > I dont think you need the rivafb driver if you use the xfree86
> > driver or nvidia's propietary driver.
>
> IIRC rivafb actually screws up the nvidia driver.  I've never gotten
it
> working with *any* nvidia card ever :)

It is working for me.
I have edited the Driver field in the device section as follows:-
Driver "fbdev"

After then the X server is using rivafb as I could see the debug
messages.
But it is not invoked when I switch between app ( ATL+TAB) or I open new
app.
I don't know, why?
Is the software take care of it, rather than the fb driver?
Suggest, if u have any idea.

Regards,
Mukund jampala