Mukund JB. wrote:

> [...]

Well no expert here, but I had an nvidia card once under linux.
If you edited your "XF86Config-4" file to
Driver="nvidia" which I believe is the name of nvidia's driver from
there site which you would download from them and install as per
there readme instructions which I have done and works fine and has
3d accelleration.

XFree86 has their open source driver which handles framebuffer
support as well and your "XF86Config-4" file would have been
Driver="nv" this driver works fine but only 2d accelleration.

I dont think you need the rivafb driver if you use the xfree86
driver or nvidia's propietary driver.

Mike