At 12:24 PM 5/30/98 +0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>I assume you are trying to setup PPP and NOT SLIP as you are running "pppd"
>at the end.
>
>The problem with using minicom and bringing up the connection and then
>running pppd is that when you exit minicom the line will go down and if you
>run minicom and bring pppd up using a virutal console then minicom will
>take the input from pppd etc..

One can use Minicom to manual-dial the line and then switch out of it to run pppd. Use CTRL-A Q (exit with no line reset) to quit. This leaves the line active and you can simply run your pppd with necessary options.

I use this method when debugging or setting-up new connections.

Gerry George
Gerry E. George <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Information Technology Consultant,

DigiSolv, Inc.

..
- To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-diald" in the body of a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]