Brian,

What motherboard you choose depends on what you're planning on doing
with your computer.  If you're doing lots of graphics work you'll find
64mb of RAM to be pretty slim.  And the Intel TX chipsets are limited to
being able to effectively cache only 64mb of RAM.

Personally, I don't think the motherboard is the area to cut a corner on
a new system.  It is the basis of the system.  Buy something that's
gonna be flexible and expandable. Soyo make a nice quality Super 7
motherboard (the SY-5EH, based on VIA's MVP3 chipset, has 1 mb of L2
cache, 4 PCI, 2 ISA, and 1 AGP slots, 2 SIMM and 2 DIMM slots) that will
cache more than 64mb of RAM and you should be able to pick it up for
less than $100.00.  And it's easy to setup and has good documentation.

If you want something that's proven, stable, and somewhat exapandable
and you're on a budget then I'd recommend the Abit TX5.  Nice board.
Setting up your CPU will be a snap as well because it's a jumperless
board.  Just make sure you get revision 1.2 so that it has the 2.2v
jumper on board which will enable it to support the new AMD chips (K6
266 and 300's).  You should be able to pick this board up for about
$65.00 now.  And you should be able to get 64mb of SDRAM for it for
about the same price as the board ($65.00).

Also you didn't mention whether you need an AT or ATX form factor
board.  If you're using an existing case from an old system, then more
than likely it's AT form.  ATX is the "newer" form factor though it's
been out for awhile.  It might not be a bad idea to get a board that can
handle the ATX power supply and an ATX case.  In the future most boards
will probably be ATX form.

Hope this helps a little,

James