According to Jeroen: While burning my CPU.

> Hello,
>
> Well, I must say that I don't use lilo but just a bootdisk, mayby now would be
> a time to start with it?
> I've allso tryd to switch the master and slave but it has no effect. I think
> that the CD-ROM drive
> doesn't support SCSI emulation.
> Does someone know of a webpage or mailinglist dealing with this type of
> problems? And  where could
> I find info about the kernel options? ( for an explanation of that ATAPI
> overlap )

Well to answer this i will be talking about a device which i dont have,
anyway just a thought, do you have SCSI emulation defined in your kernel.?
Or a module loaded  ??

Possably its time to read.

/usr/src/linux/README Quick guide for making a new kernel.
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/ide.txt
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/Configure.help look for SCSI emulation support
/usr/doc/HOWTO/Kernel.HOWTO.gz

Or send me a personal mail stateing just what you want and need to do.

--
Regards Richard.