Hi,

I got the problem that at boot my second CD-ROM drive isn't detected.
I get :
        hda: HP CD-Writer+ 7200, ATAPI CDROM drive - enabling SCSI
emulation
        ATAPI overlap supported: No
        hdb: no responce (status = 0xd0)
    ect...
Now, correct my if I'm wrong but I think that there is a signal send to
all
hardware at startup, and the program waits for a responce, so could it
be
that the program doesn't wait long enoug for the drive to respond? And
if so
is it possible to let it wait a bit longer?

I must say I didn't have this problem before I installed the CD-Writer.
And can someone tell me what that 'ATAPI overlap' means, I can't
remember
seing that option while compiling the kernel.

Thanx in advance
        Greetings ,
                    Jeroen

--
***WE WILL EITHER FIND A WAY, OR MAKE ONE***
                Hannibal