According to Chris Grant: While burning my CPU.

> Could someone tell me how to  uninstall LILO, or install the Win95/DOS
> boot loader? I have Win95 and Linux running on the same box, and ever
> since I installed Linux, Windows has been running really strangely.  The
> screen will often freeze and nothing will happen for a long time, all
> I'll be able to do is move the mouse. Ctrl-Alt-Del only works sometimes,
> and when it does, it takes a long time for the window to come up. Since
> this problem started when I installed Linux, and LILO is the only thing
> that even remotely interacts with Windows, I figured that must be the
> problem. My lilo.conf stanza for Windows looks like this:
>
> other = /dev/hda1
>     table = /dev/hda
>     label = msdos
>
> It's also the first stanza, so it loads automatically. Linux boots fine
> when I select it, so I doubt it's stanza is relevant. Thanks for any
> help or suggestions.

I cant quite see what LILO or the /mbr for that matter has to do with "any"
other partition on "any" drive, so i suspect you are putting the blame
"unfoundedly" on LILO.

However if you wish to uninstall lilo thats very easy,
'lilo -u /boot/boot.NNNN'

When lilo is installed the file boot.NNNN is written to the boot directory.
The file /boot/boot.NNNN conatains the old boot sector information, which
will then be written back to the /mbr when lilo -u /boot/boot.NNN is
executed.