I've been trying to read everything I can lately on setting up my
printer on SW 3.5.  But for some reason, I'm just not getting it.  I've
got a Canon BJC-250.  I can get it to print from the prompt, but only in

staircase.  I tried to do what the how-to suggested, and ended up having

garbage printed out.  Is there a step-by-step article somewhere that
could walk a newbie through the process, telling him what files should
be where, and how to get them there?

Also, when I try to print using lpr, it says that it can't without a
name (I think it's hostname).  So I add it to my HOSTS file --
127.0.0.1    localhost     Spartacus
Spartacus, the name of my machine, is the word that I add to the file.
Then it prints (as per above).  However, now that the name Spartacus is
in that file, Sendmail hangs the boot process.  In order to get Sendmail

to start up quicker, I've got to take out the name Spartacus -- then it
works fine.  I'm sensing a Catch-22 situation here!  ;-)  Any
suggestions here too?

Thanks,
Brian