According to Kelvin Teh: While burning my CPU.

> Thanks for your reply I will give it a try....
> BTW is the list very quiet today or did my mail server crash and I did not
> know....before Richard replied to my question I thought the list went
> dead!!

No i received your direct reply together with the copy from linux-newbie at
the same time, so it looks like the mail server is working very quickly,
what i have noticed today is hosts which i can reach normaly are
unreachable, possably indicating a problem somewhere else.

> I have naother question related to the one on top too....will copying files
> from the Linux partition to the Win partitions cause loss of data....I mean
> they are of different type...(if i sound ignorant, there is a reason...I am
> so bear with me)

There should be no data loss, depending on which filesystem type you mount
windows under could have some effect om the length of the filename, altho' i
imagen win95 on a fat!! partition should allow long filenames anyway.

Like i said i have no widows here, so i could be wrong.
On the other hand make a backup copy of a file and test that file first.

--
Regards Richard.