At 12:50 AM 2/17/99 -0500, you wrote:
>On Tue, 16 Feb 1999 03:24:57 -0500, gene hitz wrote:
>
>>I downloaded the 35,663 Kb zipfile and unzipped it into a new clean
>>partition and wound up with 15 directories containing 10,989 files.
>
>This sounds like the same ZipSlack I recently installed.  While there
>are 15 directories under \linux, windows shows 533 total subdirectories
>under \linux.  Don't worry about the exact number, because I've added a
>few.  I only mention this because I had to try 3 or 4 times to get the
>correct pkunzip syntax.  I'm just glad I did not specify root as
>destination for the first two unzip attempts (all files tried to unzip
>to the same directory).
>
>Since you have the 15 first level directories under \linux that I do
>I'll assume your complete directory tree is intact.
>
>My installation is in one big c:\ partition.  You have have at least
>two partitions.  When I start Zipslack, I Shutdown Windows ~ Restart in
>MSDOS mode.  Then I cd \linux.  You would have to cd d:\linux (assuming
>you have only two partitions - you mentioned "a new clean partition").
>Then I type linux, to run linux.bat.
>
>My linux.bat is:
>\linux\loadlin  \linux\vmlinuz  root=/dev/hda1 rw
>
>I would guess yours should be (if linux is in your second DOS
>partition):
>\linux\loadlin  \linux\vmlinuz  root=/dev/hda2 rw

I also use zipslack, and boot off /dev/hda2, but for this to work, it seems
that I'm required to specify

\linux\vmlinuz  root=/dev/hda5 rw

Apparently this has to do with the fact that hda2 is an extended partition
(I'm not exactly sure what this means...all I know is that specifying hda5
when I really want hda2 seems to work).  Hope this helps in some way.

-William