According to Francisco Neira: While burning my CPU.

> Hello,
>
> I installed RH 5.0 (kernel 2.0.32) a week ago and I'm really new to this.
> The PC is a home-brewed 486 and has a Mitsubishi-Kotobuki CR-562 CD-ROM
> drive connected to an Opti-16 sound card.
>
> The installation went flawlessly from the CD but everytime I attemp to
> mount the CD with "mount -t iso9660 /dev/sbpcd /mnt/cdrom", the screen
> shows several try-out message and the mount process is unaccomplished.
>
> The only way I can mount the drive is by booting-up W**95 and then warm
> booting Linux.
>
> How can I overcome this problem?

Saying this without being rude is impossable, but if you read the
documentation it tells you what to do and HOWTO do it.

/usr/doc/HOWTO/CDROM-HOWTO.gz
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/cdrom/sbpcd

There have been a few mails on this subject as well, they could be
referanced at;

http://www.findmail.com/listsaver/linux-newbie/info.html
Altho' i belive that the site still does not have a search engine.

If all else fails contact me persoanly, i will try to help.

--
Regards Richard.