According to Robert M. Woods: While burning my CPU.

> Hi Guido,
>   This is what I do to mount FAT32 partitions:
>
>     mount -t msdos /dev/hda1 /root/dos
               ^^^^^ try using "vfat", after all he asked about FAT32 not
dizzy dos.

A good thing to do is read /usr/src/linux/Documentation/filesystems/vfat.txt
there are other considerations, ie fat must be included in the kernel + some
selected codepages.
If you use a kernel below 2.0.34 you wont have vfat support.

--
Regards Richard.