On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, Carl Brown wrote:

> How can I allow mount/unmount permission for the CDROM to a user other than
> root? RH 5.1 with KDE.

You need to put an entry in your /etc/fstab file with your favorite
editor.  (At least that is where it is in Slackware.)  I have the
following line in mine

/dev/scd0       /cdrom      iso9660     noauto,user,ro

This is for a scsi cdrom.  you need to substitute for /dev/scd0 whatever
is appropriate for your system.  This allows any user to mount or umount a
cdrom.

Good Luck,

Gordon A. Gallup                          Dept. of Physics and Astronomy
University of Nebraska-Lincoln            Lincoln, NE 68588-0111
Voice: (402)472-1230                      FAX: (402)472-2879
http://www.unl.edu/physics/