From:   Ray Olszewski [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Friday, 29 January 1999 11:21
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]; '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject:        Re: PPP setup problems

At 09:52 AM 1/29/99 +1100, Peter kazdera wrote [with deletions]:

>tell me what you make of the messages file I attached
>I feel that I am getting close to figuring out how to get it going
>I've been playing with the dialup script that I got from my provider and
>pppd on linux

Not too tricky. The messages file you attached includes the line:

Jan 29 00:55:33 localhost pppd[724]: speed 56700 not supported

My man page for pppd doesn't list the supported speeds, so I don't know
what
the best one is for you to use. My old 33.3 kbps modem gets by with 38400.
so you can use that to test. Perhaps someone else knows which higher values
are legal? (Remember, these are NOT modem speed setting; they are serial
port settings ... the serial port has to be equal to of faster than the
modem speed.)

Next time, include the script you are executing, and any scripts it calls,
as well as the messages log (masking anything confidential like a password,
of course).

762 Garland Drive
Palo Alto, CA  94303-3603
650.321.3561 voice     650.322.1209 fax          [EMAIL PROTECTED]

linux_ppp.sh