Use 'linuxconf' to configure it... it will set it up all for you.  Then...
I have two scripts that automate the process of connecting and
disconnecting (called 'open' and 'close').

        - Mike

- ------ /bin/open

#/bin/sh
clear
    echo Opening a connection to ISP_Provider_here
    /sbin/ifup ppp0

- ------ END OF SCRIPT

- ------ /bin/close

#/bin/sh
clear
    echo Closing the Connection to WCNet...
    /sbin/ifdown ppp0

- ------ END OF SCRIPT

        - Mike

Michael B. Trausch                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
V: (419) 838-8104                                   F: (815) 846-9374
                          ICQ UIN:  32369835
   "Curiosity is the very basis of education and if you tell me that
   curiosity killed the cat, I say only the cat died nobly."
                                                - Arnold Edinborough

If you do not have my public PGP key, you are encouraged to obtain it
from my website at http://www.wcnet.org/~mtrausch/mykey.zip. You need
               to have PGP 5.0i or newer to use the key.