Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, so be gentle. I'm INCREDIBLY hopeless when it
comes to Linux (hopefully not for long :). I'm running Redhat 5.0 under a
P200MMX with 96MB RAM.

Here's the problem: I downloaded a program called "X-ISP". It came in .tar
format. When I used the command "tar" with the "-x" or "--extract"
settings, it just sat there. This is what I was typing:

tar --extract xisp_5p9_tar.tar

After I typed this, it just sat there. Nothing happened. I ended up
ctrl-c'ing it so I could do something again. I tried this multiple
times, to no avail.  So... any idea what's going on? Better question:
What am >I< doing wrong? Are there any alternitaves to "tar"?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Higgins

"Randomness is a useful shorthand
for describing a pattern that's bigger
than anything we can hold in our minds."