You wrote:

I have a question about using the Xconfigurator command. When i try to use a
                      different video card other than the one i choose during
installation i my
                      system goes back to the root propt and says:

Yeah, I know, it goes on and says something. You need to look in your manual. It will
tell you what Xserver you should be running or give you a choice. You and always run
the vga16 server. If that doesn't work there is comething wrong with you card and/or
monitor. This will support standard 640x480x16 vga. Can't help you if your running CGA
or EGA or MCGA.

mount your cdrom with the following command if you only have one IDE cdrom

                mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom

then cd /mnt/cdrom/RedHat/RPMS

find the package you need to install based upon the recomended xserver indicated in
your docs (If you don't have docs, then go to xfree86.org and look it up on their
comprehensive list.

next, run rpm and install the correct xserver for your your video card with the
following command and syntax...

rpm -ivh /mnt/cdrom/RedHat/RPMS/XFree86-Mach32-3.3.2.3-25.i386.rpm

You'll see some cool things go accross your screen very quickly (They are called hash
marks). Then it is done.

That's if you follow the instructions I gave you correctly, and you get the syntax
correct including capitalization and you didn't forget to put the redhat cd in the
drive before you tried to mount it.

Also, don't use the mach32 rpm if you need the vga16 xserver and vice verse! Do your
homework! It's either in your book or at xfree86.

finally, run this command and follow the prompts.

                Xconfigurator

It's that easy!

Let me know how it went.

Bradley.