On Wed, 12 May 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>          I installed redhat successfully but when I am going into
Xwindows
> the xwindow's windo is comming out of range (for example only a part of
the
> X window is visible in the monitor)if I want to see, for example the
start
> on left side,I have to drag the mouse so that the part which was inside
> will come and then I mwill get start .So please tell me what is the
problem
> with this next thing is If I want to install cd rom in linux how to do
it?
>             While installing red hat I selected only some of the
> applications so If I want to get teh other applications what to do?
>                                             thanks

You can use rpm to install just about anything from just about anny
source.  Of course, you must tell it the thing and the source :-).
Probably, the cdrom is already installed, but I am not sure where RedHat
puts it.  Try "mount /cdrom" or "mount /mnt/cdrom" to get at it.  If
either of those runs without an error, that is where you can find the
data on the cdrom.  Then you can use rpm to install it onto your hd.

Lawson
          >< Microsoft free environment

This mail client runs on Wine.  Your mileage may vary.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]