Never mind.  I'm replying to my own post before I received it from the
list.  I just reread man fetchmail.  In case anyone can benefit, the
"LAST" command is no longer supported when using pop3.  A search for
last in man fetchmail will explain it better than I'm going to.
Someone on this list once suggested that you should read man pages
daily and randomly.  I agree :)

Thanks,
Kurt Kehler