Howdy!!

You need to use a little beasty called procmail, which will sort your mail
as sendmail puts it in your /var/spool/mail directory from a fetchmail
check.

You can use this extremely versatile program for a host of things, but,
most commonly it is used for just this purpose.

The documentation on procmail is confusing and obscure, but I think all
you need to do with it, is make a configuration file, which lives in your
home directory called ".procmailrc"  You'll need to check documentation
for the proper syntax for this file, but basically, you define a "thang"
for it to use as a qualifier for each "filter" you want to create, then
tell it where mail that matches that qualifier should go..(ie a pine
mailbox)...

I know I wasn't much help, but perhaps I've pointed you in the right
direction anyway.

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, [iso-8859-1] Stéphane wrote:

> I did move from popclient to fetchmail to get my mail from my pop mail
> server.
> Good.
> But how can I store my new messages in an alternative directory and
> file than the normal /var/spool/mail/....
> With popclient I used the switch -o.
> Thank you very much.
> Daniel.

Tom (I haven't had to reboot my computer in over  days) Myro
Webmaster, cyber-nurse.com, camerology.com
Free CGI's: http://www.cyber-nurse.com/workshop