On Mon, 24 Aug 1998, Bob wrote:

> >Here is my .fetchmailrc file:
> >
> >poll prairieweb.com protocol pop3 user ki7rw pass xxxxx fetchall
> >     ^your mail server                 ^your id   ^your password
> >

> I've config my .fetchmailrc as above, and I run fetchmail -d 300, but I
> still can't get the job done. My Linux login is "root", but I use another
> username on my pop3 mailserver. Does this matter? What special configs do I
> still have to do? How can I know I have successfully fetched my emails on
> POP3? TIA
>
> Bob

poll prairieweb.com protocol pop3 user ki7rw is root pass xxxxx fetchall
                                             ^^^^^^^
Just add the "is root" part. By the way, it usually is not a good idea to
do everything as root. A small mistake can do a lot of damage if you do. I
usually have a few consoles with fgeva and one as root; but the root one
is not often used.

Frank