I have finally got X-Windows to work on my Viper 550 card - Thanks to all
those that helped.  But I still have two major problems to cope with, after
which my migration from Win98 to Linux will finally start!.

1.  I have a Soundblaster Live! 256 Value card in my machine.  I try
recompiling the Kernel which failed but even the current source doesn't seem
to have a driver for this card.  Is there a driver module for this card
around on the internet and how do I go about installing it.  I have looked
at the HOWTOs and I am getting lost as my foundation knowledge of Linux is
still small but growing each day!  Any help would be greatly apreciated.

2.  For some reason none of the executables in the /usr/games (or whereever
it is, these are console-based games) seem to want to execute.  The
directory that it is in "seems" to have the right permissions and the files
themselves.  Certainly on a ls -F I get asterisks indicating they are
executable.  They exist in the directory but bash returns with 'command not
found'.  I have tried copying the files to the root home directory and they
will still not execute even though they belong to root and I am logged in as
root.  I have noticed this behaviour with scripts that I have written to
mount and remount my cd-rom (I haven't forgotten to use chmod to make them
executable neither).  Please help me run 'fortune' and other programs like
this.

Thanks for listening and look forward to any solutions,

Best regards,
Matt.