Patrick Emonts wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> About a month ago I upgraded my SuSE 6.0 (2.0.36) to kernel 2.2.7
> Yesterday I installed samba and ran into a big problem. Neither Win
> NT4 nor Win95 could see the linux box in their network. Ping & telnet
> worked fine. I changed delted the /etc/smb.conf file and replaced it
> with a very basic one (workgroup and home directories). Now both Win
> clients can connect to samba using "NET USE \\linuxbox\service" or
> search for it and find it, connect to remote drives, but the linux
> server does not show up in the network neighborhood. Suggestions are
> welcome :-)
>
> It basically works but it lacks ease of use.

I believe the Linux box will have to announce itself to visible in
Network Neighborhood.  Unfortunately I don't have a copy of Samba at
home, so I'm cc'ing myself at work to remind me to lookup my settings
(which work fine).

--
My public encryption key is available from
www.az.com/~drysdam/crypt/rysdam.gpg.html