Perhaps someone here can help, but you'll really need to tell us a bit more.

1. What is the actual error message you get (exactly, not paraphrased)? And
what are you getting it in response to?

2. What is the output of "ifconfig"?

3. What is the output of "route -n"?

4. What IRQ and IO base port is the NIC on?

5. How do you have the two machines networked (physically, I mean)? 10BaseT
through a hub? 10BaseT with a crossover cable? Thinnet?

You might have problems in any of the areas I've asked about, but giving you
advice about all the poossibilities is unrealistic. With the information
from your answers, I (or someone else) will paobably be able to give you
some focused advice.

At 12:03 AM 7/3/99 +0600, you wrote:
>    i have a pair of ethernet card from VIA Technologies VT 82c926 Amazon
>(rev 0). the documentation came with the card says that it is NE2000
>compatible.
>
>    i have installed RedHat 5.2 on both of my machine. the installation
>program detects the card as NE2000 compatible PCI card. but i get TX error
>at eth0 when i try to access network.
>
>    can anyone please help me?
Palo Alto, CA  94303-3603                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]