Thanks for the additional information. From what you sent, your problem
looks suspiciously like an IRQ conflict, most likely with a device that your
Linux kernel doesn't recognize (for example, an HSP modem ("Winmodem"), or
possibly a sound card). To explore, that. here's a few things to consider:

1. When you say "i connected two of my machine with coaxial cable using
T-connector. it works fine with Windoz95/98/NT", do you mean that you've
tried all 3 of these operating systems on these two machines successfully,
or do you just mean that other clients on the same LAN backbone work? Which
of these is the case will affect how you think about the rest of these comments.

2. Do the machines contain anything that might be using IRQ 10, such as a
modem card or a sound card? What does /proc/iterrupts tell you about the
availability of IRQ 10?

3. If you do have any version of Windows on these machines, what IRQ and IO
base does Windows report these cards at?

4. Does the second host gives results that are substantially the same as
those for the one you reported on? Specifically, does it too report errors
on the RX packets in ifconfig?

5. Do you have any out-of-the-ordinary hardware in these hosts? I already
mentioned Winmodems and sound cards, but what about a SCSI controller, a
second or third parallel port, more than 2 serial ports, or something else
I'm not thinking of? In the BIOS, is IRQ 10 assigned to the PCI bus?

6. On a different track, you did terminate both ends of the thinnet
connection, right? (That is, put terminating resistors on the "open" sides
of the T connectors.)

At 11:13 PM 7/3/99 +0600, Mursalin wrote [in part]:
>1) The error is--> eth0: timeout waiting for TX RDC
>
>2) the output of ifconfig -->
>
>eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 08:00:30:00:07:19
>          inet addr:192.168.0.1  Bcast:192.168.0.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
>          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
>          RX packets:0 errors:60 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
>          TX packets:5 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
>          collisions:0
>          Interrupt:10 Base address:0xef40
>4) the card uses IRQ 0x10 and IO Base 0xEF40
>
>i connected two of my machine with coaxial cable using T-connector. it works
>fine with Windoz95/98/NT.
[rest deleted]

Palo Alto, CA  94303-3603                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]