On  1 Aug, Steve Youngs wrote:

> Generally I find that people who constantly reboot Linux are people who
> try to do Linux things the Windoze way, and because it is easier than
> finding out how to do it the Linux way.  Rather than spending 1.5 minutes
> finding out how to make a process re-read it's configuration they will
> spend 3 minutes re-booting.

Isn't it a shame that in all your well composed message you neglected to
say how one DOES restart a process and avoid the three finger salute?

I mostly lurk on this list to read and learn and today all I've learned
is that a newbie can be flamed even on a list touted for newbies.

--
Scott Felton
Slackware Linux v3.6