Richard,

I read the first several paragraphs of man procmail, and it didn't change
my mind.  These paragraphs are generalized instructions that don't provide
a specific, detailed instruction on /etc/procmailrc that a newbie needs.

One of the marks of Linux is that it allows for versitility in the setup.
The argument that sys admins should lay off and allow users to set up
$HOME/.procmailrc severely limits this flexibility of design and ties the
hands of the sys admin.

Glen