David Krings wrote:

<snip>

>         It is that the experienced Linux community takes those who switch from
> Windows to Linux or even do the fatal thing using it side by side as
> brainless wierdos - at least that is my impression. <interrupted>

I hope not... We should welcome anyone that changes from win to linux
with at least a small Spock-like greeting:
"Live long and crash-free \/" :-)

<snip>
>         Is there anything for a modern system in the 2.2 kernel that is worth
> upgrading ? Is there a doc where the changes / new features are listed ?

If you have any unsupported hardware then 2.2 may be for you.
See www.kernelnotes.org and follow the link 'wonderful world of 2.2'.

<snip>
>         After damn negative experiences with SuSE 6.0 i'm not that keen on any
> SuSE CDs anymore. My RH 5.2 works far better.

Welcome to the club :-(

<snipped rest>

Marc

--
Marc Mutz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                    http://marc.mutz.com/
University of Bielefeld, Dep. of Mathematics / Dep. of Physics

PGP-keyID's:   0xd46ce9ab (RSA), 0x7ae55b9e (DSS/DH)