From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On
Behalf Of Marc Mutz
Sent:   Saturday, August 07, 1999 1:52 PM
To:     Marc Wilson
Cc:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Surjit Bains; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Re: [SLE] deja vu: kernel too big... so?

Marc Wilson wrote:

> You can always just use 'make bzImage; make install'... that puts the
kernel
> in /boot and runs lilo for you too.

<snip>
..and overwrites your running kernel image, so you use make bzlilo
_only_ for _very_ minor changes when you know for sure that it will not
break the kernels ability to work. Else you cannot boot your old kernel!

It's probably a good idea to copy the kernel image by hand and make a
separate entry in lilo.conf for each kernel that may break things.

Marc

--
Marc Mutz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                    http://marc.mutz.com/
University of Bielefeld, Dep. of Mathematics / Dep. of Physics

PGP-keyID's:   0xd46ce9ab (RSA), 0x7ae55b9e (DSS/DH)