Are these two computers connected through a hub, or did you run a cable
directly from one to the other? If the second, that is probably your problem
-- standard Ethernet cables cannot be used to connect two machines directly.
For that, you need a "cross-over" cable, which switches the lines in a
manner analogous to "modem eliminator" cablesor adapters on serial lines.

At 11:04 AM 9/28/99 +0300, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote [in part]:

>I think I have a routing problem.
>(I followed the instructions in the net-3 howto with no success)
>
>Now I have two computers conected with an ethernet cable.
>
>So, where is the problem? It seems that everything sent to the
>ethernet card disappears somewhere.

Palo Alto, CA                                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]