Le ven, 08 oct 1999, Richard Adams a écrit :
> On Thu, 07 Oct 1999, Rik Osborne wrote:
> >Tom Gilbert said:
> >
> >> When a program crashes, a core file is created.

> If you have some experiance you might try gdb to trace the problem to
> the exacht line of code in which file causes the problem, however
> that is by no means an easy task, i suggest running;
> gdb -c core (in the directory where the core file is) it will tell
> you which program caused the core dump, from there on you can by way
> of reading documents try and backtrace the code and see just where it
> goes wrong. Considering we all get the dam things mostly from kde, i
> suggest you just delete them, the kde folks are aware of the problems
> involved.

BTW if you are sick in having to delete each time these core dumps, you may
an entry in your config.

Under SuSE 6.1 go under /etc/rc.config. Open it with a text-writer.
Somewere there you will see a line with CORE...XX days. You may the set there
the number of days these Core dump files have to be stored i. 2,3,4, etc. days.

Don't forget to finish all with SuSEconfig.

Regards.

--

      Pieter Wenk         / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  Vevey/Switzerland