On Mon, 20 Dec 1999,  John Starkey wrote about,  Re: Minicom.....:
> > On Mon, 20 Dec 1999,  John Starkey wrote about,  Minicom.....:
> > > I just opened minicom and it came up with an "initializing modem"
> > > message.
> > >
> > > Does that mean it sees it or that it's looking for it????
> >
> > Not at all, it means its sending communication strings down the device that
> > is defined in its configuration file.
> > If it cant be found you will be told, if it is found then minico will start
> > and you will be able to send commands to the modem.
>
> It hangs after the "initializing modem" message disappears and it goes to what
> appears to be the terminal. I give it about 5-10 minutes and I have to reboot.

Define "hangs"
Can you use other terminals ??
What does ps ax say cut and paste the line for minicom here.
How are you starting minicom as root or as user.???
and for the last time whats the output of the commands i wrote in my last
message.????

I am writing a script for problems like this, dont expect much at the
minute, when its something like half finished i will annouce where it can
be found so folks like you can use it to obtain system info.
Then i and others (if they want the output, it will be rather large i fear
to start with), can debug problems like you are having.

--
Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]