Hallo Steve,

You wrote ( in part ):
>Ok, the first thing I'd do would be to add the new drive to
>/etc/lilo.conf and make it the default.
>Put something like this in /etc/lilo.conf
>
>,----
>| default = warp
>|
>| other = /dev/hdb1
>|         label = warp
>|         table = /dev/hdb
>`----
>
>Don't forget to re-run lilo.

Well, I did, with the result that  Lilo says "First sector of /dev/hdb1 doesnt
have a valid boot signature

 > Now, on with the show.
>
>1 - Boot from the OS/2 boot disks (make sure your OS/2 CD is in) and
>choose the "Advanced" or "Custom" install.
>
>2 - When you get to the part about which drive to install OS/2 to
>(probably default to C:\) say "Change".  You'll then go into OS/2's
>fdisk program.

My problems start after 1 - : When I choose the advanced install, a message
comes up "partitions too small. Do one of the following:
        - Press Enter to modify the partition sizes
        - Press F3 to exit to the command prompt    "
If I press Enter, the well known message " partition mapping on drive 2 may be
corrupted " appears. Inspite of that I went to disk 2, choosed "partition
information -> options menu".  The only availaible option is "delete
partition". After deleting all partitions in HD 2 no option at all remains.
FDisk wants to continue deleting partitions in HD 1 ( a very hungry program ;-)
 ) and the show  ends. I have to activate the emergency brake and leave FDISK
with F3 exiting without saving !

That is the basic problem:  I have a wonderfull empty 8 GB HD and a program
that refuses to be installed there !