On Sat, 18 Mar 2000, Ray Olszewski wrote:

> <--snip-->
> designation *is* supported. Nonetheless, I would first try probing with the
> several HP modules that you have and seeing if you get lucky. If not ... RH

How do I do that? Is there any 'autodetect' thingy that I can run? I have
a vague feeling that the card was being detected before (before I
reinstalled), or maybe I am thinking wishfully.

> 5.2 is pretty old, and you may need an updated kernel with current drivers
> (for example, if Lawson's tulip guess is right, you probably have too old a
> tulip driver anyway ... new versions seem to come out weekly, as "the" tulip
> chipset proves to be an ever-moving targer).

Is there anyway to go from 5.2 ->6.1? I have the 6.1 binaries, but always
crashes on install? If upgrading is all about installing rpms then can't
I do that by hand?

> If you don't get lucky, try lookin on the HP Web site for information.

Thanks,
-Karthik.