Do you use the "passwd" command AFTER you add that user? In you are trying
to log in using a valid username, with password not set up, you'll fail
for sure !  :-)

Regards,
Razvan

---
Razvan SANDU <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Network Administrator at I.R. COLOURS PROD S.R.L.
Tel. +40 (94) 629867  ICQ# 46380005  WWW: http://www.rsandu.go.ro