Well ... it probably means that "tlan" isn't the module for your NIC. Or it
might just mean that you haven't set up the interface. Remember my last
message? I said in it:

        See if "ifconfig -a" reports information on an
        eth0 interface. If it does, then use ifconfig
        to set up the card.

Did you try this? If not, why not? This will tell you if the interface is
present or not, reliably.

A friend of mine used to say -- "It's not enough to RTFM. After you *read*
the manual, then you have to *do* what it says." The same thing applies to
asking questions on a help list.