At 08:36 AM 6/7/00 -0700, Jason Orlino wrote [in part]:

>Now I've got a new question regarding my modem.  I'm currently trying to
>configure the modem and have tried a few things.  I'm using kppp but
>whenever I select "query modem" it replies, "Modem is Busy."  Now I'm
>not sure off the top of my head if my internal Creative Blaster V.90
>modem is a winmodem, but Linux seems to be detecting it.  I am however,
>basing that conclusion on the fact that it is saying, "modem is busy" so
>I may be wrong.  Any suggestions?

I don't know "off the top of my head" either, but the database at URL

        http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/20000604a.html

is the source for definitive answers on the Winmodem question. It doesn't
list a "Creative Blaster V.90", but it lists many. many "Creative ...
Blaster ..." choices. You should check for yours specifically, but in
general, the isa and external ones are real modems, the pci ones Winmodems.

Unfortunately, "but Linux seems to be detecting it" is sufficiently murky
that I can't offer any interpretation of what you are actually seeing. Nor
do I know what the "it" is in "it is saying, "modem is busy"" (kppp? pppd?
something else?).

So ... resolve the Winmodem issue first. If it isn't a Winmodem, follow up
with a more detailed trouble report, and we'll see what we can do to help.