Originally to: Lawson Whitney

 * lawson_whitney's head hit the keyboard and wrote:

>> I know that but I decided at the same time to change them them to

>> ttyS0/1. Result is still the same. Thinking about it, the time that

> the

>> mouse stopped working was when I removed my internal modem and

> replaced

>> it with a external (old modem melted after 4 years of hard work). I

> am

>> also grabbing 2.2.10 which is the last kernel that I know that the

> mouse

>> worked with.

>> I disabled the 16450 and enabled the second 16550A but making the

> ports

>> ttyS0/1 in the process as well. Still the same problem. The strange

> thing

>> is that during boot up, the mouse port speed (comm port) is set to

> 1200

>> but not by my config files, I even tried setting it to sp_vhigh but

> that

>> only affected the setserial not /proc/tty/driver/serial settings.

> spd_vhi is an obsolete flag, left over from the time when the comm API

> had a maximum speed setting of 38400.  If an app asks for 38400 and the

> flag is set, the port is set to 115200.  If it asks for 1200, that is

> what it gets.  Some application is opening that port at that speed,

> probably gpm or X.  1200 is normal speed for a mouse.

It turned out in the end that my hardware was too old for it, changed the

hardware and it worked :)

Sean

--

GNUPG ID 92B9D0CF     ICQ: 679813     Linux User: #124682

To get my GPG (PGP) Key send an empty email Subject: Retrieve

My Current Uptime is 0d, 0h and 58m on Linux 2.2.16

...The three Rs of Microsoft support: Retry, Reboot, Reinstall.

--- tin/pre-1.4-19990805 ("Preacher Man") (UNIX) (Linux/2.2.16 (i586))

 * Origin: Racenet(tm) There Can Only Be 1 (7223:9750/200)

SEEN-BY: 2300/101 9750/200