I can not get my new linksys 10/100LNETX  card to be recognized by
Linux.  It works fine under windows.  Let me also
state that my prior Linksys ether16 ISA card was working perfectly prior
to my 'upgrade.'

I am getting one of two problems depending on how I am building the
tulip driver.  Into the kernel, I get a 'device not found' from issuing
a "ifconfig eth0" and at boot time a message "delaying ethernet
initialization."
"ifconfig -a" shows not interface other than the loopback.

As a module, I get "device or resource busy messages"  (see below for
the actual commands).

Some system information that I'm getting, and not getting:
>From "cat /proc/pci" (Previously I stated it was /proc/devices by
mistake) I get the card being recognized:
        bus 0, device 13,function 0 io at 0xf000 irq 10 ...

The PCI slot is recognized when I do a "lspci", but reports the card as
a Bridgecom, Inc. as the Mfg.
/proc/devices does not show the ethernet card.

I'm using the tulip driver (latest, and I've tried the older one for the
pain of it).
I've built them into the kernel (one at a time) and booted but only get
"delaying ethernet connection" and when I do an 'ifconfig eth0: I get a
"device not found."

When I compile the tulip driver for module support, and try to insmod
it, either of the commands below report the same thing of "device or
resource busy."
        insmod tulip
        response "/lib/modules/2.2.14-5.0/net/tulip.o:  init_module:  Device or
resource busy"

I've tried with and without modifying the modules.conf setup up with
options of:
         alias eth0 tulip

        And I've even tried adding the following:
        alias eth0 irq=10, io=0xf000
None of this made an impact.

Looking at /proc/interrupts does not show interrupt 10 as being in use.
A matter of fact, I added a modem card and moved slots to change from
interrupt 11 to interrupt 10 just to see if that would work.  No
differences, the same message of "device or resource busy."  I noticed
that the io=address changed from 0xf400 to 0xf00.  Seems natural to me.

I do not have a network driver built into this version of the kernel
that I am using modules on. I double checked the configuration file
(/usr/src/linux/.config) and only have the two tulip drivers compiling
as modules.

In an attempt to get the network working again, i've removed my SCSI,
sound, and other optional features from the kernel, but no help.  (I
Can't remove my RAID, God help me.)

Well, I hope that I said everything that needs to be said.  I'll repeat
for the sake that it might help, that my
system "was" working with the ISA Ether16 from Linksys and that this
100LNETX is Version 4.1, their newest.
Perhaps there is something that I'm forgetting to remove regarding my
old card?  I've looked at the /etc/modules.conf, and even at
/etc/sysconfig/... (shouldn't be anything in there regarding hardware.)

Thanks in advance.  PS. and thanks to Ray O. for the quick response to
my earlier pathetic post.:)

I have/am running:
        redhat 6.2      kernel (2.2.14-5.0, pretty much vanilla installation with
one or two RPM upgrades to misc.)
        1 NIC Card:  linksys 10/100LNETX V4.1   (note: prior linksys ether16
ISA worked great)
        1 CD_RW
        2 IDE software w/RAID-1