Yes, I'm sure it's possible. I run Redhat 6.0 and was able to
connect my Zip 100 using a stock kernel with module support enabled:
(as root)
# /sbin/insmod parport   IIRC
then make sure you have a mount point, like
# mkdir /mnt/zip
and then
double-check this -- I know it's something-da4
                _________
# mount -t vfat /dev/sda4 /mnt/zip
         ^^^^^^
 for a zip with vfat filesystem
 or -t msdos, for msdos fs

and don't forget to see http://www.linuxdoc.org/ and find
the Zip-Drive mini-HOWTO (not Zip-Install it refers to
running an entire Linux system on a zip disk.)

* Hart, Neil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [000809 07:01]:
> Hi
>
> I have a parallel Iomega 250Mb external zip drive that I would like to
> connect to my Linux box, running Red Hat 6.2.
>
> Is this possible?  If so, how do I do this?  Are drivers available?
>
> Thanks
>
> Neil
>
> -
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-newbie" in
> Please read the FAQ at http://www.linux-learn.org/faqs
---cut here---

--
Richard Spencer -- Sao Paulo, Brazil
Running Linux kernel 2.2.16 and Redhat 6.0