From: linux-poweredge-boun...@dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-boun...@dell.com] On Behalf Of Doug Simmons
Sent: Sunday, February 07, 2010 3:36 AM
To: linux-poweredge@dell.com
Subject: RE: Third-party drives not permitted on Gen 11 servers

Holy crap. Dell's gone IBM on us! I don't want to see this happen. Dell, are
you listening?
<sigh>
Reminds me of my campus' IT "urban folklore" about the memory upgrade in an old
GX360 big iron that used to run here - where IBM sold campus the upgrade and
sent a team to flip the DIP switch to ENABLE it since it was already
installed... this is just as predatory.

And I just got a rackfull of R710's....

Doug "I hate computers" Simmons
SIUC