Quoting Mirosław Jaworski <m...@ikp.pl>:

> We anxiously wait for further lock-ins.

I had a "slippery slope" rant in my last email, but I decided to remove it
before sending...  See you think a bit alike...

The funny thing is, when we ran DEC and SUN stuff, all Dell ever told us
was why we should switch to their "Industry Standard" hardware; how great
it would be to use "Industry Standard" equipment because we could buy
stuff off-the-shelve and not have to buy from a specific vendor; how using
their "Industry Standard" computers would remove software incompatibilities
and such...

So much for Dell's Industry Standard hardware, huh?  Wonder what their
new sales pitch will be now?

Maybe they can steal a line from the diaper commercial (yeah, think about
it...)...  Dell -- We're a big kid now...

Anyway, again, I don't much care, I'll just buy anything new with the
older PERC 6 cards for now.  I know the bandwidth is better in the new
PERC cards, but I can deal with the current speed...

If/When Dell only offers lock-in PERC's, well, I'll figure out what to
do then...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics